The board of directors of the All-Indonesian Volleyball Association (PB PBVSI) has called for 14 names of male volleyball players to join the SEA Games national training center (pelatnas) squad for the Hanoi, Vietnam, which will take place on May 12-23.
In letter number 152/PP.PBVSI/III/2022 regarding the Summoning of Men’s Indoor Volleyball Athletes and Coaches, PBVSI will conduct national training at the Kunarto Police General Padepokan, Sentul, Bogor, West Java, starting today, Friday (1/4).
From the list of names called up, some of them are old faces who have entered the national team such as Dio Zulfikri, Doni Haryono, Fahreza Rakha Abhinaya, Dimas Saputra, Rivan Nulmulki, Nizar Zulfikar, Rendy Febriant Tamamilang, Hernanda Zulfi, and Yuda Mardiansyah Putra.
Read also: Vietnam’s Strength in Weightlifting is Hard to Map
These names are volleyball players who have successfully presented gold for Indonesia at the 2019 SEA Games in the Philippines. In addition, there are also other names such as M Malizi, Farhan Halim, Mauluddani Daffa Naufal, Irpan, and Fahri S. Putratama.
Meanwhile, for the Head Coach position, PBVSI summoned Jiang Jie from China, who became the best coach after successfully bringing debutant Bogor team LavAni to victory in the 2022 Proliga event.
He will be assisted by two assistant coaches namely Sigit Ari Widodo, who brought Surabaya Bhayangkara Samator to the 2022 Proliga final and Indra Wahyudi.
In addition, there is Roy Nanlohy as a trainer and Robby Sudrajat as a physical trainer.
The men’s volleyball national team will fight to defend the gold medal at the Hanoi SEA Games. In the previous edition in the Philippines, the Red and White squad became the best after defeating the host Philippines with a score of 3-0 (25-21, 27-25, and 25-17).
List of athletes and officials of the Men’s Volleyball Training for the SEA Games in Hanoi, Vietnam:
- Dio Zulfikri (DKI Jakarta)
- M. Malizi (West Java)
- Dimas Saputra (West Java)
- Farhan Halim (West Java)
- Irpan (West Java)
- Mauluddani Daffa Naufal (West Java)
- Doni Haryono (Central Java)
- Fahri S. Putratama (DI Yogyakarta)
- Fahreza R. Abhinaya (East Java)
- Rivan Nulmulki (East Java)
- Hernanda Zulfi (East Java)
- Yudha M. Putra (East Java)
- Nizar Julfikar (East Java)
- Rendy F. Tamamilang (East Java)
- Jiang Jie (China) – Coach
- Sigit Ari Widodo (East Java) – Assistant Coach
- Indra Wahyudi (DKI Jakarta ) – Assistant Coach
- Roy Nanlohy (West Java) – Trainer
- Robby Sudrajat (West Java) – Physical Trainer (Ant/OL-1)